Silvercrest is looking for a Portfolio Assistant to support a portfolio management team consisting of two portfolio managers.
Candidate should be a highly organized, detail-oriented person with good follow-up and communication skills. They should be able to multi-task effectively, be eager to learn and improve processes, have a good work ethic and should be professional and personable in relating to clients and co-workers.
The Portfolio Assistant will be measured by their ability to:
- Provide support to portfolio management team including preparation of timely and accurate client performance reporting and attribution analysis, client portfolio allocations and rebalancing proposals with guidance from portfolio managers, and trade order entry.
- Communicate with portfolio management team and, as necessary, others in the firm on an ongoing basis concerning all client related matters.
- Correspondence with clients regarding account information, cash and securities transfers, and other requests as they arise. Interface with client custodians, accountants, and attorneys.
- Weekly internal reporting to the portfolio management team on the performance of fund managers held in client portfolios.
- Maintain accurate client information on internal and third-party systems.
- Work closely with custodians and internal operations to ensure accuracy of account information.
- Review accounts regularly to ensure there are adequate cash balances to cover upcoming liquidity needs including management fees, tax payments, distributions, and private equity capital calls.
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials for current and prospective clients.
- Prepare paperwork for client signature, including Silvercrest advisory agreements, custodial forms, and subscription and redemption documents for alternative investments such as hedge funds and private equity funds.
- Complete account opening and closing processes on various systems, as needed.
- Compile and upload clients’ alternative investment transactions to third party performance vendor on a monthly basis.
- Act as a liaison to Silvercrest’s family office group to assist with bill paying, tax payments, and other miscellaneous needs as they arise.
- Additional duties and projects as required to support clients and the team.
Experience: 3 years’ experience with a financial advisory firm preferable, but not required
- Knowledge of Schwab Advisor Center or other custodial platforms
- Understanding of a broad range of investment products, including publicly traded securities and those more complex in nature such as private equity funds and hedge funds
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation will be in the form of a competitive base salary and annual bonus. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Retirement, and other benefits as described in Silvercrest’s employee guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Silvercrest is an equal opportunity employer. Silvercrest does not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnic heritage, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability (consistent with and to the fullest extent of the law) or any other protected group or status. Silvercrest is dedicated to ensuring fulfillment of this policy with regard to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection for training, and general treatment during employment.Apply at email@example.com